Galway Migrant Service was established in May 2007 to provide a dedicated information, advocacy and support service for migrants and their families. This service is strictly confidential.
Over the years, the Galway Migrant Service has developed into a highly specialised service that is dealing with complex migrant issues.
Service is being delivered in both English and Russian.
GMS provides information and support on a comprehensive range of issues, such as:
- Application for Citizenship/Naturalisation
- Residency under EU Treaty Rights
- Permission to remain in Ireland
- Regularisation of Legal Status
- Change of Immigration Status
- Family Reunification
- Employment Permits
- Long-term.Permanent Residency
- Tourist/Visitors’ Visas
- Voluntary Return
GMS also provides information, practical guidance and support around accessing key local services and makes regular referrals to appropriate organsiations on issues such as employment support, education and training, health, domestic violence, Refugee/Asylum issues, accommodation, etc.
Katya Okonkwo on 091 773466 / 086 6020580 or email [email protected].
English Language Support
As well as direct support function, GMS also facilitates ongoing free English Language classes for non-native speakers residing in Galway, which run every week and cater to all levels of English. To register for a class, or for any other queries please contact:
The classes are often in demand and places are allocated depending on vacancies within the class. To register for a class, or for any other queries please contact:
Reception: [email protected] – 091 773466
Please do contact the Galway Migrant Service if:
- You have a complex immigration issue
- You need to be formally represented at a national or local level
- You feel that you would benefit from specialised dedicated one-to-one support
- You are unable to self-advocate due to poor English or other reasons
- If you think that multiple options are available but not sure what would suityour best interest
At the moment the service operated by appointments only, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. To make an appointment, please contact:
For any general questions regarding the work of Galway Migrant Service or for other information, please contact: