See the Staff Contact Page for Tús Contact Details
The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people. The Tús initiative is managed by local development companies and Údarás na Gaeltachta for the Department of Social Protection, which has overall responsibility for the scheme.
Work placements are a valuable route for participants to gain or update experience of the workplace, to learn new skills and to return to the routine of work. It also provides prospective employers with evidence that a participant has the necessary skills and abilities to do a certain job. The Tús Initiative supports the development and delivery of services to improve community wellbeing.
The work placements are proposed and provided by community and voluntary organisations. They will be asked to submit a proposal detailing the work and the number of participants requested. The local development company or Údarás na Gaeltachta will assess and make a decision on the proposal.
The types of projects eligible for the scheme may include:
- Energy conservation work in homes and community buildings
- Social care of all age groups and people with disabilities
- Caretaking, securing, supervising of community buildings and spaces
- Renovation of community and sporting facilities, including the regeneration and enhancement of community, recreation and sporting spaces
- Work in support of cultural and heritage activities
- Community administration and community event management
- Coaching for sporting activities
- Repair of equipment for the Third World, eg farm tools, computers, sewing machines, health equipment etc…
Tús and LES Information Presentation link (Updated version to follow):