TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION OFFICER
Galway Local Employment Service Network
The Training, Employment and Education Information Officer (TEEIO) will provide a quality information support and referral service to unemployed people who are seeking information about the service or those who are already clients of the Local Employment Service Network (LESN).
You will have:
- An understanding and knowledge of the work of the Local Employment Service Network
- Knowledge of local employers and employment opportunities and an ability to communicate with employers
- Knowledge of labour market interventions, training and education opportunities, welfare entitlements etc.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to use social media platforms
- Excellent clerical and I.T skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a team
- A positive attitude to work
This is a full time position for a fixed term contract until December 31st 2021, this may be renewed.
It will be based in Galway City
Salary will be €24,397 per annum
Recruitment is by Application form only. For an Application form and Job Description please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 16th April 2021
All correspondence will be by e-mail. Interviews will be held via Zoom.
Training, Education and Employment Information Officer
Galway Local Employment Service Network
The Training, Education and Employment Information Officer will provide a quality reception, information and referral service to unemployed people who are seeking information on the Local Employment Service Network (LESN) or who are existing clients of the LESN. The person will provide clerical support and will be responsible on a day-to-day basis to the LESN Co-ordinator. The TEEIO will carry out such tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Co-ordinator within the development of the overall Galway City Partnership (GCP) programme of activities.
- To provide a friendly welcome for clients and ensure confidentiality at all times
- To engage with clients in person, by telephone or online
- Register clients with the service
- Maintain all databases as appropriate for LESN and Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP)
- To offer group support in job searching to clients
- Become familiar with the workings of the LESN/GCP and to represent LESN/GCP at appropriate meetings as required
- To update the LESN & GCP Facebook page and any other social media platforms as necessary
- Maintain a petty cash book
Support for Employment Guidance Officer/Clients:
- Deal effectively with queries from clients/employers/agencies or refer to an Employment Guidance Officer if appropriate
- Make referrals to other appropriate agencies and set up appointments
- Complete application forms and produce CVs/Covering Letters/typed documents/ resource materials and assist in the compilation of reports as required
- Develop links with local employers, support agencies and programmes
- General administration duties, including the provision of a high standard of clerical support to ensure regular correspondence with clients in relation to appointments
- Have a good working knowledge of labour market interventions/welfare entitlements, etc
- Compile and provide information on training, education and employment options
- To present outreach information sessions on the work of the LESN to appropriate groups and organisations
- To organise and present Job Seeking Sessions ‘JobsNet’ either face to face or using an online platform
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
In order to fulfil this position effectively and competently, the following will be required from the individual;
· The willingness and ability to work in a positive, flexible, open and welcoming manner
· The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
· The ability to demonstrate attention to detail, especially in written work
· The aptitude to work on your own initiative when required as well as working co-operatively as part of a team
· The communication skills to work with the target groups of GCP/LESN in particular the Long Term Unemployed along with colleagues in the organisation
· An ability to communicate with employers
· Possess an empathy, understanding and appreciation of the needs and issues of the target groups of the GCP
· The ability to complete all the key elements as required within the specific position applied for
· Excellent clerical, administration, organisational and time management skills;
· Good I.T and social media skills
· A willingness to accept guidance and or training in the position
· An ability and willingness to adapt quickly and efficiently to a changing work environment.