Galway Migrant Service (GMS) was established by the Galway City Partnership in May 2007 to provide dedicated specialised information, advocacy and support services for migrants and their families in Galway City and County.
Over the years, the Galway Migrant Service has developed into a highly specialised service that deals with complex migrant issues. The service is strictly confidential and being delivered on a one-to-one basis in both English and Russian languages. We work with the following populations, seeking to remain, integrate and work in Ireland: EU and non-EU nationals (including Refugee and Subsidiary Protection Status holders) and asylum seekers.
What We Do
GMS provides information, guidance and support to the members of new communities on a comprehensive range of issues, such as:
- Rights and entitlements of migrants and their family members
- Immigration schemes and programs
- Permissions to work, study and reside in the State
- Employment Permits
- Applications for Citizenship/Naturalisation
- Change of immigration status
- Residency under EU Treaty Rights
- Long-term/permanent residency
- Irish visas
- Family reunification
- Voluntary return
GMS provides guidance and support around accessing key local and national services and arrange referrals to appropriate organisations on issues such as employment support, education and training, health, domestic abuse, accommodation, etc.
GMS works collaboratively with other local and national service providers and governmental departments to address specific issues that affect our service users and operates an effective referral system that has been established over the years of our collaborative work, to meet and support the individual needs of every service user.
GMS also provides information and advocacy support to the BRIDGE Project Team.
Please do contact the Galway Migrant service if:
- You have a complex immigration issue
- You need to be formally represented at a national or local level
- You feel that you and your family would benefit from specialised dedicated one-to-one support
- You are unable to self-advocate due to poor knowledge of English or other reasons
- If you think that multiple options are available to you but not sure what would suit your best interest
At this time the Service operates strictly by appointments only.
For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
To make an appointment, please call 091-773466